Thinking about remodeling or renovating your kitchen? Here are some tips to prepare and avoid the typical pitfalls.
If you have a large kitchen remodeling project, you must set up a temporary kitchen a different part of the house. It 'important that you choose the location is convenient and unlimited access to the water and allowed to keep food refrigerated and hot food. It 'also a good idea to have easy access to portable devices such as microwave, electric wok cooking and electric skillet. Daily life must go on and I will not be eating takeaway mostly at night or perform a neighbor's house most every time you need something from the fridge.
Here are the top 5 mistakes in kitchen remodeling: 1.
Damage the wall like old closets
Removed 2. Damage desks, cabinets and floors are reusing
3. Do not turn off utilities before the project
4. Allowing dust and debris spread throughout the house
5. Do not leave enough time to complete the project before
1. Cash and seal absolutely everything that is not used in the temporary kitchen. Label boxes and store them in a different part of the house.
2. Remove everything from the kitchen that is not nailed or screwed. This includes drawers, lazy susans, spice racks, clocks, artwork, ornaments, pots and pans, etc. Put a protective cover for something that should remain in place while you are working.
3. Make arrangements for the removal of any debris that may accumulate during the renovation project. If you need to rent a dumpster, do it with time to spare or have a handy utility to remove the landfill. If you save the old furniture for a seminar or donation to a charitable cause, have a place prepared for them to go to take them off your workspace.
4. Before removing any electrical appliances, turn off all utilities. This can be done individually valves for gas and water. If no shut-off valves, briefly turn off the main valve. The main gas valve is particularly close to the gas meter. Remember, once you turn off the gas for the entire house, all the lights will be turned on again before it will work again. Without careful planning it may well be out of hot water when you are ready to clean up after a hard day's work.
5. Disconnect the fuse or the area where you are going to work. In older homes, the wiring may have changed in recent years and may not be clear which circuits or fuses control specific areas. If you are unsure, turn off the main switch or get in touch with an electrician. Never take a chance with electricity. In addition, the tape on the switches so you do not accidentally switch. If you're planning to upgrade your electrical system and the addition of new outlets and accessories, you must remove all the exits and existing units.
6. Remove all bulbs. Then remove each device using a screwdriver to unscrew the plate and the housing and remove the receptacle box. Put wire nuts to the exposed wires in the meantime. The bare copper wire is the ground and must not be covered.
Kitchen remodeling can be a rewarding and satisfying the right planning and avoid traps.